Palani's ramblings...

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Bangalore and traffic

Wow I had a very wasteful trip today. I had top get to a place on Hosur Road half way through to Electronic City from the Hosur Road Bridge. My office BTW is in Banneragatha Road, so its just abt 6, 7 kms to that place. My onward journey was so cool, just took a jiffy of 15 mins.

I thought I could be lucky but then it happened. Bumper to bumper traffic till the bridge on the backward journey. On reaching the bridge it was clear of traffic. I thought may be I am gonna be lucky. But as I reached the summit of the bridge the sight of the traffic continuing on and on would have made any eternal optimist sigh. After almost an hour I reached back in office. The only consolation is that some of my colleagues have been caught in worse traffic, stuck at the same place for an hour. Maybe I am lucky.

The time I ventured out is just the beginning of the rush hour. With all the techies from Electronic city heading home towards Bangalore it would be nightmarish traffic. If Blore is to become a real super power in the IT industry, competing with the places in the sillicon valley, this pathetic state has to change.

Any ideas on how we can improve this state??

-Palani

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home