Palani's ramblings...

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Light at the end of the tunnel...

Hi guys,

Once again, I'm back. Actually its amazing that I am blogging. I have a few issues to attend to, but I was too compelled to blog.

Work diatribe: (not that bad actually)

Work is still hectic. Our release is just about to happen and we are in the home stretch. The site looks really cool, I cannot believe its come from such a bad state to this point. So the excitement is making me put some inhuman hours. Nowadays my usual time to go home is 8 o'clock (in the morning :-) ). But this doesn't seem to frustrate me as I know the site is almost done and each bug I fix now makes the site a better user experience. One thing I am proud of Trilogy is how they have made me believe in Customer Success. They have brain washed me (for the better?) to just think of only the customer.

I think a few more night outs and the release must be done. Though I don't exactly mind working this crazy, am looking for this releases end. I want to have a few slack days. I am yearning to go back to 8 hours work a day. Also looking forward to the new TU people joining my team and the Business Units in general. There has been some rave reviews about them, just hoping our teams staffing needs are all met.

Trilogy also seems to be more prepared for the market competition and gave us a pretty good hike, though in this aspect you are never satisfied :-). BTW, according to the company I am a UI expert, esp in HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. Something which I thought so less of in college. This experience has made me love UI and give it the respect it deserves. After all what is software/web without anything to see.

Fun:

With all the work around I had been looking for some relief. That seems to be coming in a weeks time. First the cricket's gonna start :-). No Sachin but it should still be a good show. And even better news its in Bangalore. Yipppppeeeeeeee. All from Trilogy are gonna rock the stadium on the 4th day, Saturday, of the 1st Test. This weekend we need to plan the funky stuff we wanna do.

Then the same weekend on Sunday, I'll be in Chennai, giving the test to the Annaites to get recruited.

Also there the good old F1 with all the uncertainties, Ferrari winning. Rubens or Micheal both are meant for the top step of the podium.

One thing thats improved is my eating habits. Now as I get out of the office I have my breakfast, either at home or outside. Lunch is the only one which sometimes gets delayed into a early dinner because I don't get up in time. Also my mom is after me to get into a proper schedule.

The only sad part currently is that there's almost no time to do anything outside of work or workplace. Just hoping and wishing this will change soon. Things are definitely getting better and ya I see the light at the end of the tunnel. But as they say, hope its not of an opposing train. See you all soon.

Love,
-Palani.


1 Comments:

  • Really loved your sait. Well done.

    http://xrl.us/utmy
    [url=http://xrl.us/utmy ]car free insurance online quote us[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 17, 2007 at 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home