Palani's ramblings...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Different Sunday

One week after returning back from the Diwali vacation, I thought my weekends would still be going on in the same routine lazy way. But this Sunday was quite different. My dad was to come to Bangalore for attending his JD’s (Joint Director, I guess) daughter’s engagement.

He and one of his colleagues (Karthikeyan Uncle) arrived in the Brindavan Express around 1:30 PM. To make the house presentable I woke up a bit early (that’s 10:30 AM, :) ) and cleaned the house. Not thoroughly though enough to make it look presentable.

I picked them up, and on our way home we had food. Rested for some while at the home and then I took them to show around Bangalore. I took them first to Lalbagh, then to MTR for some coffee, and then we headed to Matikere for the engagement. On the way we checked out Vidhan Soudha, pretty cool piece of architecture. Our way to Matikere was tiresome, though not much traffic, the roads we bad. After some fight, to figure out the address, we finally got to the place around 6:20 PM, just in time for the function.

Lots of my dad’s colleagues were here, and I knew some of them, so wasn’t that bad. Also yesterday I had enabled GPRS on my mobile, so that too kept me busy :). Though gmail was pretty slow through it, I managed to send a mail with an attachment through it.

Then once the function was over, we had some good food and started back to the railway station. After some wrong turns we finally reached the station. Dropped them off and headed back home.

My usual Sunday is a lot different from the above. I usually read some book, or go watch a movie in theatre or in my laptop, or play some game in the laptop. But today though tiring was good. Especially sitting in the park was quite peaceful. Having less traffic and good roads would have made today great, but in Bangalore to ask for that is too much. But all in all a good day.

On a side note Bk’s anna, Surender, was saying a real estate guru is predicting that the Blore real estate bubble is going to burst in a year’s time. The prices are going to fall by 30 to 50%. Well if the infrastructure does not improve it is bound to happen.

Now that I am net enabled on weekends, hope to blog more often :).

Signing off,
Palani.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home